This week we’re talking about random randoms and that’s just fine with me. I’m on school vacation and plowing through SNAPSHOT. But every so often I have a random moment. Here are the 5 most common:
1) Coffee, where’s my coffee? If my brain freezes or a bird flies by the window and I’m distracted I need a sip of coffee to get back on track. If it’s gotten cold I have to warm it up, and if it’s gone, well, then I need to make fresh pot. Or tea, if it’s after lunch.
2) My new skis… I just bought new skis, boots, helmet, goggles, and poles. I haven’t had new equipment since Santa gave me new skis when I was 15. I’m 49. I don’t feel the least bit guilty for buying new equipment. I feel giddy, like I’m 15 and I want to go skiing. NOW.
3) Should I take a break and vacuum? No. (That was a VERY random, and fleeting thought, but every time I go up to the bathroom I notice the dust bunnies on the stairs.)
4) Faith and Hope: These two characters from a possible book keep popping into my head when I’m writing Snapshot. My only solution is to have Stickies open so I can jot down ideas when they start yakking in my head.
5) I love my iPod Touch: I’m currently on my last diet again. (That’s no secret since it was a New Year Random;-) I have a favorite app called Lose It and I am constantly playing with it and logging calories and exercise and canceling out the odd cracker I snuck. As my sister says, “We’re finally applying real life math skills!”