1) ADD: Having ADD leads to massive amounts of mind wanderings—which leads to new story ideas—but made teaching and keeping an organized classroom difficult. Writing is a much better profession for me.
2) Not Crazy! The voices in my head are a good thing and not cause for meds.
3) Solitude: Like Angie, I like being alone.
4) Fangirl Moments: Being a writer has helped me meet a bunch of fabulous authors. I don’t care how many books you publish, it’s still a thrill meeting the author of a book you love. And, as much as I love being alone, I can never get enough of hanging around with other writers.
5) Coincidence: Here’s a link to my friend Brian who just posted about this very subject: http://brian-ohio.livejournal.com/148609.html