I truly believe that we have to see it to believe it. In other words, if you can’t envision yourself being it or doing it then there’s a good chance it won’t happen. So in the spirit of creating my reality, here are 5 things I am visualizing for my future self.
1) More books and many ideas in the works. In five years my output will have improved. I see my life less complicated and my focus sharper so that I have a book in production, a book in process, and several ideas percolating.
2) Movies. I have always seen Buried as a great movie. I want that for Buried and for Snapshot and my others if it fits.
3) Other genres. I’d like to publish a picture book, an early chapter book and a middle grade. I don’t plan to make that happen in five years, but I plan to move out of my comfort zone and write in a different genre.
4) The Web. My website should be useful not a pain. I want to have an updating routine that I stick to instead of my haphazard, hit or miss, Oh Whatever way of slapping stuff up on the website. I thank Susan here for making this a weekly happening.
5) Balance. In five years I will have found a beautiful balance between, my writing, my job, my family, and my playtime. I’ll move seamlessly between these worlds and the stories will flow and the books will practically write themselves.