Oh, how I hate the pressure of New Year Resolutions, but I like to set goals. And I like new beginnings, so here it goes. In 2009 I will:
1) Finish SNAPSHOT. I have a June deadline. I also teach school, so I need to do more than just set the goal, I need a writing schedule and I need to stick to it.
2) Work on THE OTHER BOOK. I love my new novel and I want to spend some of my time on the first draft. I think I’ll work on it as a reward for finishing.
3) READ. I read to my 4th, 5th, and 6th grade students, but last year I didn’t read enough adult or young adult books. My plan is to turn off the radio on my half hour drive to work and listen to a book on tape.
4) Continue Pilates. I started going to Pilates class last year and I love it. For one hour I am totally focused and over the year my body changed. I’m stronger and I feel more confident and that helps my writing.
5) Continue THE DIET. I gained 20 pounds in 2007. I lost 20 pounds in 2008 . I gained some back recently… I’d like to end this roller coaster. What does this have to do with writing? My plan is to substitute writing for snacking.