Now that I’ve FINALLY turned in my next book, Devoured, I can get back to reading! I probably have close to sixty or more YA’s in my to read pile, but here’s the ones that have made it to the top. I just hope my revisions notes don’t come too soon so I can enjoy these books!
1) The Possibilities of Sainthood by Donna Freitas: I met Donna at NEIBA in September where we were both singing books. We went out to dinner with the author, N. E. Nelson (her book Bringing the Boy Home should get some Newbury love!) and bonded over Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I’m afraid we bored Nina to death as she’s a Buffy virgin, but I’ve heard raves about Donna’s book where fifteen year old Antonia Lucia Labella petitions the Vatican to be the Patron Saint of Kissing.
2) Braless in Wonderland by Debbie Reed Fischer: I had to get this book based on the title. High School Brainiac Allee Rosen gets ‘discovered’ and her world is turned upside down when she’s signed on to one of Miami’s top modeling agencies. While I’m pretty much a walking fashion don’t, I’m addicted to America’s Next Top Model, so I’m really looking forward to digging into this book.
3) The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan: Again—great title, gorgeous cover and zombies! Based on the amount of zombie books I spotted at NEIBA, zombies are the new vampire, but this one seems to different from the other I was a teenage zombie books I saw.
4) Impossible by Nancy Werlin: Absolutely gorgeous cover! I’m a big fan of Nancy’s books and stood in line at NEIBA to get a signed copy. I love the paranormal concept of this one—a girl discovers her family is cursed, and if she can’t complete three seemingly impossible tasks she’ll go mad after the birth of her child.
5) This Book isn’t Fat it’s Fabulous by Nina Beck: Nina Beck is a pseudonym, but I know who she really is! She’s someone I know, and when I got the book I read the first couple of pages and the main character’s funny voice really jumps off the page. Riley Swain is being sent to Fat Camp during her spring break—can she survive the lack of carbs and fall in love? I can’t wait to find out!