Too many books, too little time. I have a feeling a lot of you know exactly what I’m talking about. Here are some of the books waiting ever so patiently in my To Be Read stack.
1) Lessons From a Dead Girl. I’ll second Robin’s words about Jo Knowles’ debut novel. I have been meaning to read this one for way too long, and it’s been staring at me from my desk shelf for a few months now. It’s just about time…
2) Tantalize. Cynthia Leitich Smith’s vampire/werewolf novel has been heavily publicized and reviewed, and the cover is absolutely breathtaking. Who couldn’t read a novel with a cover like that?
3) The Mysterious Benedict Society. I realize this is more middle grade than YA, but I’ve been hearing great things about Trenton Lee Stewart’s witty novel. And really, anything having to do with a mysterious society is a win in my book (no pun intended. Really!).
4) Does My Head Look Big In This? My editor at Scholastic Press recently sent this to me, and it is unlike any other book in my TBR stack. Possibly because it’s about a contemporary Australian-Palestinian girl who decides to take up wearing the hijab full time. Or, it could be because it’s the only novel (other than my own) I’ve seen lately that is based in Australia.
5) Drums, Girls, and Dangerous Pie. Another recent giftie from my editor, Jordan Sonnenblick’s novel has one of those amazing titles people cannot stay away from. Don’t you want to know what Dangerous Pie is? I do. And I will read the book to find out!