I get to read a lot of middle grades because of the grade I teach, but I don’t get to read as much YA these days. My iPod is dead, or dying, so my audio book time is frustrating. That was when I “read” most of my YA’s. So, while I wait for my new iPod I’ll dream of the books I want to read.
1) Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins This was first recommended to me by Angie, and I honestly didn’t think I’d read it because it’s set in the future, but then I saw Amanda unable to put it down and then I kept hearing more and more about it.
2) Girl Hero by Carrie Jones I loved Tips on Having a Gay (Ex) Boyfriend and I love this title. And I love Carrie!
3) Impossible by Nancy Werlin Speaking of heroes, Nancy has been my hero for years. This book sounds like the perfect combination of history, suspense and drama. I can’t wait.
4) Wake by Lisa McMann I’ve wanted to read this since Susan’s interview. I love mystery suspense. Anything a little creepy, a little scary, but not too horrible.
5) Lessons from a Dead Girl by Jo Knowles I heard Jo read from this a few years ago and have wanted to read the whole thing. Another book I never got to. Oh, man, I feel like such a heel. So many books, so many commitments, so little time.
I’m off to order a new iPod now…