I’m still giddy! My agent sold Snapshot, my second YA novel, to Holt last week and can barely contain myself. I feel a little like I did when I got pregnant with my first son. Instead of running up to everyone and telling them I’m pregnant with my second book, I celebrate in other ways.
1) Eating out: I don’t usually go to restaurants, but I do for special occasions. I happened to be at a conference when I got the good news about Snapshot. I ordered room service and watched a movie without guilt, but it wasn’t very exciting, so I think I need to go out with friends.
2) Flowers: My sister sent me a big bouquet of sunflowers when I sold my first book. They’re such a happy flower. When I got home from the conference, I got a bouquet of sunflowers for the kitchen table to remind me of the sale.
3) Presents: When I sold Buried, I bought my husband and each of my sons a present. I’ll do the same this time, too.
4) Home improvement: Because of Buried, we have a cool looking shower instead of a tub with a screw on a hose for rinsing my hair. I know what I want, but I can’t say it out loud because I’m afraid I’ll jinx it. (It has something to do with stinky frozen foods and frozen lettuce.)
5) Clean house, clean slate: I’m a little like Susan with letting the house go. When I’m into something I ignore everything else. I’ve been cleaning, sorting, tossing, and touching things up with paint and I feel ready to get back to the book.