I have a pattern of absolutely, positively, falling head over heels in love with my fantabulous WIP until something gets in the way of it, like a major flaw I hadn’t seen and don’t want to deal with right then. But for now, for today, I absolutely, positively, LOVE my WIP.
1) My main character is an amateur photographer. Photography is a hobby I loved, but I set it aside for other things, like a profession in teaching, building a house, motherhood, writing, and gardening. Now I’m exploring it all again. It’s like reliving old times and learning new things all at once. Digital? Believe it or not, my old Pentax 35 mm was not digital…
2) I love the set-up. The hook is an uncomfortable scene where the main character sees something she shouldn’t be seeing. Now I have to get her out of the situation, but not make it too easy.
3) I love that the bad guy is being tortured (emotionally) by a teenage girl. I’m so tired of people being taken advantage of just because they are vulnerable. My main character will start off that way, but ends up strong.
4) I love exploring touchy topics with shame, denial, and hurt. I don’t know why, but I do.
5) I like that my main character is going to have a blog. Not too much blog. It’s not the book, but it’s a portion of the book. But enough to give it a different dimension.
I love it. I love her. I love learning and relearning new things as I go along. I love my WIP.